Friday, February 5, 2010

World’s Best Whole Wheat Banana Bread

YUM - O thanks BlueBerry Hill

World’s Best Whole Wheat Banana Bread: "






Okay guys, I am shelling out a prized family recipe here, so pay attention! I am not usually a banana bread person, but I absolutely adore this stuff. My picture does not do it justice, but I worried that if I waited for morning light, the rest of the loaf would be gone. This stuff vanishes quickly!


This is a perfect thing to eat for a sustaining but sweet breakfast or afternoon snack. It is perfectly moist, but can still properly described as “bread” rather than “cake.” It takes very little time to combine the ingredients and, best of all, you don’t have to wait until it cools to slice into it. I have been eating a lot of bananas lately, due to the dearth of local fruit this time of year, and this banana bread is my favorite way to use up the last overripe ones. I find that between 2 and 3 smallish bananas produces the right amount of mash.


Whole Wheat Banana Bread
1 1/4 cups banana, mashed
1/4 cup yogurt or buttermilk
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 egg
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1t baking soda
1t salt


Combine banana and yogurt or buttermilk. Cream together brown sugar and butter, then mix in egg. Combine dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients and banana-yogurt mixture to the creamed sugar and butter. Bake in greased 9×5 loaf pan about 60 minutes at 350. May slice while warm. Test for doneness with long toothpick, which should emerge clean.


"

Recipe:

Direction:

Alternatives:

Uses:

No comments: